Ashley - Assignment 1

>> Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hey! I'm Ashley! I'm 22 years old and my husband Travis and I just bought our first home in July. We have been married for 2 years and just absolutely love married life :) I have my bachelors degree in Elementary Education but haven't been able to find a teaching job. I currently work as a nanny for 3 kids. Most of the day I hang out with the youngest boy Tyler who is 4. I'm teaching him how to read and I love it :) at 2:30 we pick up his twin brother and sister (they are 9) from the bus stop. They are super sweet kids and makes my job just that much more enjoyable. As much as I enjoy the job, I truly want to be a teacher at heart. However, if I had it my way I would do photography full time!! My dream is to one day become primarily a wedding photographer.

Right now I feel like I have some pretty good experience with photography as far as composition. I have done tons of sessions trying to build up my portfolio. I feel like I'm at the point right now that I really want to work on saving up for more equipment, learning lighting techniques and editing techniques in photoshop. I took a few photography classes in high school but nothing since. I'm self taught as well and find it hard to seek others for help. Seems like everyone wants to charge a high price for their expertise.

This is one of my favorite images and the little boy in the picture holds a special place in my heart. He was the first little boy I was ever a nanny for!




This next two pictures are from the most recent photo shoot that I did for some engagement pictures! I love these pictures because they really show my photography style!!




Please check out my website

3 comments:

The Garner Family February 16, 2010 at 8:32 PM  

I LOVE the second one!! Is that the location on Mill we were talking about?

♥Tami February 19, 2010 at 9:33 AM  

Oh, I'm so glad I check this today! Love the location with the tracks! And what a cute little boy! Love the baby blues!

Post a Comment