Sheridan - Assignment #1

>> Thursday, February 25, 2010

Let me introduce myself! My name is Sheridan and I'm a native to Arizona.  By day I'm a banker and an artist by night...afternoon...lunch...and any other waking moment.  I've had the idea of owning my own business since I was a small girl.  I wasn't sure what kind of business it would be, but I knew it would invovle my creative smarts.  I dabbled in photography in high school after I discovered my grandfather's portfolio of pictures.  Little did I know, I would follow in his footsteps by becoming an artist as well as a banker. It started out as a way to capture my own images as inspiration for my drawings and paintings.  Then, it grew into making the photographs the actual art.  Photography lets me create a piece of art by using unique photo angles and subject matter, but I put the artist in me to good use by creating works of art by manipulating the photos when I edit them.

I started my business a few years ago, but only recently made it official a little over six months ago.  Since then I've put my efforts into growing my business and trying to figure out the ins and outs of owing your own business.  I've been afforded some amazing opportunities already and I'm excited for future endeavors.  I've always been an artist, it's just who I am, and photography has become something I love.  You can visit my website http://www.silverlashes.com/ as well as follow me on Facebook and Twitter (Silver Lashes Studios, LLC) or follow my blog http://www.silverlashesstudios.blogspot.com/

Here are a few of my favorite photos:

2 comments:

The Garner Family February 26, 2010 at 7:20 AM  

I love that first picture!! That lighting is wonderful and goes perfectly with her expression!

Urban Life Photography February 26, 2010 at 9:46 AM  

Hey girl! So glad you joined! I love the second picture. It is so precious and captures the true beauty of the baby. Great work :)

Post a Comment