Tami - Assignment #1

>> Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hi, I'm Tami! With the arrival of my 3rd child I finally got to be a stay at home mom, although I am kept super busy, I'm living my dream of being able to raise my children and be home when they need me. I got my first DSLR 3 years ago and have been trying to learn pretty much on my own how it works and how to get the most out of it. Just in the last year I've gotten to where I shoot in Manual more than anything else if I can and I love it!
Although I have always love to take pictures and look at pictures, I didn't really fall in love with photography until I had children. I'm pretty much self taught, I've never taken any classes in this subject but hope to someday! I love casual, candid style pictures......I think they are real, and catch us all at our best and that is when personalities come through a photo.

I have a Canon Rebel, but will be upgrading soon to the 50D. My favorite lens is my fixed 50mm with an f stop of 1.8.
I wish I had more time or I should say made more time to practice taking pictures than I do. I know that it takes practice to get better.

Right now my biggest frustration is clarity and focus. But I think it's the camera and not so much me! Ü At least that is what I tell myself!

Here are a few of my recent favorites


I mostly love the catch lights in these and the innocence of the subject.



I took this one shortly after I learned about focal points.
I love that Mom is in the background out of focus.

I have a photography blog
http://tamimccoyphotography.blogspot.com/

One of my favorite photographers is here. Probably closest resembles the style I love and strive for.

5 comments:

The Garner Family February 12, 2010 at 9:37 AM  

Great shots! I love that first one especially. Also, what do you mean by clarity? I am just making sure I understand so we know we're on the same page :) that way we cover what everyone wants to learn!

♥Tami February 13, 2010 at 6:48 PM  

By clarity, I mean clear, crisp, in focus pictures. I talked to a photographer today who recommended I get a new lens.

The Garner Family February 15, 2010 at 3:53 PM  

Yes! That really is it - I had the same problem with my pictures and getting a new lens worked wonders. It definitely made me realize the difference lens quality makes!

Urban Life Photography February 16, 2010 at 5:40 PM  

I love the first picture as well but the 2nd one is my favorite!! Those big beautiful brown eyes are priceless!

Silver Lashes Studios February 25, 2010 at 9:49 PM  

Definitely love the second photo! She looks like a little porcelain doll. I love that the overall look is soft.

Post a Comment